Barack Obama appeared before the National Prayer Breakfast on Thursday to preach that Jesus would have wanted the wealthy to pay more taxes. The President quoted from Luke 12:48, “for unto whom much is given, much shall be required“.
Of course when Jesus said this, he was not referring to financial wealth. He was referencing man’s gifts of intelligence and ability. The more ability you have, the more that will be required for you to enter into heaven. It allows for the tax-collector and the prostitute to be received into the kingdom of heaven before the dedicated parishioner if they are committed to the Lord through their humility.
Last week the President set himself on a collision course with the Catholic faith by requiring them to provide contraceptives, sterilization procedures, and abortion-inducing drugs to their employees. He placed the church in an untenable position that strikes at the heart of the first amendment to our constitution. With this announcement, he is prohibiting the free exercise of religion declared in the constitution. The Catholic Church responded by reading a letter from the Bishops to each congregation. The letter declared that the Church will not comply with the directive to provide birth-control services.
President Obama is using his authority to increase the power of the state over the people and over religion. Good Christians, Jews, and Muslims should not let him get away with trampling on their freedoms.
- President Obama at the National Prayer Breakfast. Catholics Won’t Get Fooled Again (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- President Obama Speaks at National Prayer Breakfast (corpperformance.wordpress.com)
- President Obama Connects Taxes To Scripture At National Prayer Breakfast (mediaite.com)
- What would Jesus do? Tax the rich, Obama says – New York Daily News (nydailynews.com)
- Why Presidents Should Boycott Prayer Breakfasts (secularnewsdaily.com)
- Pelosi Vows to Stand With Obama Against Catholic Church | cnsnews.com (gloucestercitynews.net)
- Obama: My Policies Coincide With Jesus’ Teachings (alan.com)
- Commentary on the National Prayer Breakfast (prayerfullivingnewsblog.wordpress.com)
- Jesus Talked to Obama… (tanner-wb.com)
- Make Way for ‘Saint Obama the Pious’ (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Obama: My Policies Coincide With Jesus’ Teachings (maboulette.wordpress.com)